CvGaming

my computer

mextrape

I have gtx 550 ti and an i3 prossesor and have 16 gb ram.

Do i need a better prossesor to use ultra or a new grapic card???

Playing on standard with clouds off and getting 18-31 fps

Really whant to know. Cuz what the smoothness

Well if its more FPS you want, you might wanna start with upgrading your cpu since the game is heavily cpu driven. But to answer your question, no you probably wont need a new cpu to drive a newer graphics card without bottlenecking. But if your planning on upgrading your gpu you should probably consider upgrading your cpu anyway aswell.

i5 for games, then overclock. Tests indicate there's about 1-2fps difference between i5 and i7 with equivalent GPU. Admittedly, Arma is more about CPU, so perhaps the difference between two almost equivalent systems, one with an i5, the other with an i7, would be greater from the Arma perspective. I'm sure there's benchmarks out there. I think overclocking makes the previous point redundant though!

It depends which gen the i3 is as well. I'm pretty sure an i3 will bottleneck any decent modern GPU, regardless anyway.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144) Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Studio XPS 8100 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 6144MB RAM Available OS Memory: 6072MB RAM Page File: 9824MB used, 2315MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11