CvGaming

[Ban appeal] [KOFF] Elb

Divi

Name: [KOFF] Elb

Date: 30.10.2014

Reason: [KOFF] Divi here making an appeal on behalf of Elb, since I was the one coordinating our group and recording the video. Backstory: we're four [KOFF] robbing person A, person A escapes situation, gets further away but stays in close proximity observing us for unknown reason. Person B shows up with a truck, we give him command to stop and surrender which he doesn't, we shoot his tires. Person B gets shot after not following commands and driving around the area with three broken wheels for a minute.  Police show up. I confirm the police really stopped in the area. Person A returns, tries to ram me (Divi), and I try to shoot him for that (he was given commands earlier, he didn't care and now he's clearly trying to kill us), as seen on the video.  I kindly request the police via in-game SMS to leave, they had 50 seconds to leave us alone, which they didn't and they started to approach us. After the two police were shot, Elb got almost instantly banned for 3 days for RDM which I find ridiculous. He had no chance to explain his POV or prove his innocense. Admin who banned him then promptly called it a good nights work and went straight to bed.

Is this really how things work here? Guilty until proven innocent? Atleast hear both sides before handing out bans based purely on biased misinformation. Apparently the APD fellas here claimed they received no message from us despite it making a distinctive sound, popping in the middle of your screen and showing on chat. Elb got banned in record time based on one side of the story and misinformation.

So im the one that asked for this person to get banned and heres my point of view.

We were 4 Police officers at the drug dealer talking to some medic who for some reason was ressing dead criminals in a red zone. Then all of a suddon we g get a 911 text from someone needing help at the oil trader which was just next to us. 2 of police officers, Seastone and me (S. Berenson) took a SUV and started driving over there. We arrive at the location and look around for a few seconds only to find a empty heli, then we see the guy who was asking for help driving towards us so we run in his direction. Then out of nowhere someone is spraying a whole clip into the truck so i take cover behind a house and seastone runs towards the truck. At this point I had not recieved any texts and NO 911 texts were sent to the police to explain what was going on and noone in the teamspeak said that they had recieved a private text (which is pointless to send when you can just press text all police officers). Then out of nowhere seastone gets shot to death without any real roleplay. Just shot from a distance. So i turn around and is about to leave the area confused as to what is going on. And then these purps start shooting at me although i have not presented a threath to them. I shout to them asking why they are RDM:ing police officers and get no reaction while i take cover behind a cilo. Then i take fire from 3 directions and in a desperet attempt to shoot one of the purps i get killed also. The reason i issued the Ban was because this is not how you roleplay. I look now at your footage and i see that you text seastone in a personal text for some reason. First of all i wouldnt call texting "leave now" roleplay. It's a vague explanation that doesnt really explain your intent. Not to mention that you are texting a cadett who is not as experienced as the other police officers in these situation and failed to inform everyone else about this text. That is why you should always talk ingame, or send something a little more elaborate to the WHOLE police force stating your intentions. I was just there to help a poor guy who was in need of help and got literally shot on sight. Thats not how you play on this server, c'mon guy you know better then that.

Heres my whole stream from that ocation. This situation starts at around 1H 4min where we had just landed at the drug dealer.

http://www.twitch.tv/hano009/b/583245486

I dont think the ban should be lifted because i personally think that you acted wrongly, on this server we dont text 1 guy "leave now" and then shoot them down as soon as you see them. This is RDM on a high level and does not belong here. Even after the situation when i had respawned i even contacted Elb via text to see if he would explain why he did this, but i got no response out of him and was forced to contact the Admins. He was not banned on "record time" as you stated, he was banned around 30 minutes after this situation after he failed to explain why he did this to me when i asked him. So don't pull the "Guilty until proven innocent" thing when i gave you a fair chance to explain yourself.

//Hano

In an actual combat situation, you don't start writing a book for the guy you want to leave that consists the same words (leave now). You also knew they had a situation ongoing before you even came there, so don't expect them to have the free time to write you a 500letter message about "why they dont want you to stay". They kept it short and simple, and you would've known what would happen if you still went there. I, for myself have received the exact same message a couple of times and i never complained.  The guy divi sent the message to, was also the first police officer to come into their sight, so you can't complain about that either. You're also well aware that they had the right to shoot you guys since they warned you, and you still kept closing in. It's not their problem if you (police) dont share info, like other gangs does in a situation like that. So please don't whine about "high level RDM" or think they did wrong. There's no button which would make it possible to send a message to all KOFF members for example. The guy divi sent the message, was the only police they'd seen so far so why send the message to all police forces?

If seastone has trouble seeing our SMS messages, maby you could give one of your 3 screens for him.

We sent you a warning, and we had a situation in the area, hell, even you managed to notice we were shooting. If Seastone failed to share the info with rest of you guys, that doesn't make it "high level RDM". Seriously, you guys had almost a minute to leave, or try to communicate back, which you didn't. Roleplay perspective, if there's gunfire in an area and somebody tells you to leave, you stay at your own risk. If a guy tries to ram me, I'm not gonna start writing an essay to every APD on the server detaling what exactly happens if you don't leave the area in the 50 seconds we gave you. Sure, Seastone is a cadet but he's also been playing long enough to be able to say "I just got a message telling us to leave" on teamspeak. That doesn't really require any "police" skill, now doesn't it? You got a warning, you had 50 seconds to do as told. You didn't, you approached us, you got shot, and now you cry high-level RDM. That's just bs. If your guy fails to open his mouth when he has important info to share, that doesn't make it RDM and warrant a 3 day ban for our guy for doing nothing wrong.

Okay, we (me and polar) came to aid our gang members, we did not know what was happening, it was confusing to us because the situation was already begun when we arrived, i was just rushing to take cover then i saw a police officer who was crouching with his weapon out and then i immediately asked permission to shoot and i was told that the police had been informed, after that i took the shot. Only message i received was from O.Mclane who said "RDM" nothing else, i respond "My friend told u to leave" then he said "no he didn't we have it on video" after that i got no messages from anyone, but, i was AFK when there was 5min to server restart i do not know if i had been contacted at that time since i got banned when there was 30 sec left till restart but why contact me 5min before server restarts? IMO banning me was an mistake, and for the record i did not shoot "several cops" only the one who was crouching. And if police knew there was an situation u must know that we were not there to give you cookies. And in the stream we can see that Hano saw Mclaine going down and he had no intensions to leave the scene as he claims.

And i thought we supposed to have fun playing altis life, not recording videos and crying to admins about everything and after someone gets banned we are playing lawyers here the on forum with the rulebook on our hands yelling "this rule breaks this rule"

Thank you.